A wide range of benefits
The proposals would provide significant benefits for the local community, including:
- All the proceeds from the sale of this surplus site will be reinvested by The Trust in future developments at The Alexandra Hospital Site. The Trust is currently developing a number of plans to expand and improve services at The Alexandra Hospital Site.
- Meet shopping needs of local residents in a convenient and accessible location and cut carbon emissions by avoiding the need for residents to make unsustainable journeys to other foodstores further afield and enabling the retention of expenditure here in Redditch.
- Provide a convenient opportunity for NHS staff, patients and visitors to undertake their food shopping at Aldi in conjunction with their journey to and from the hospital and during breaks throughout the day.
- Introduce eight ultra-rapid charging points for electric vehicles, provided within the car park by Motor Fuel Group (MFG), the largest independent forecourt operator in the UK.
- The 19,500 sqft Aldi store will support hundreds of jobs during construction and between 40 and 50 full and part time permanent jobs for local people, including management positions, when the store opens to customers.
- The location of the proposed Aldi store, on a key arterial route with easy access from the Birmingham Road A435 and Alcester Highway A441, means that many customers would visit as part of other journeys already being made near the vicinity of the site.
- Introduce a wide range of local community initiatives through Aldi’s food surplus redistribution programme, healthy kids initiative and charity engagement programmes at the proposed Aldi store.